The Civic Art Gallery
The Palazzo Chiericati has been the historic home of the Civic Museum since 1855 and now houses the city's collections of paintings, sculptures and applied arts from the thirteenth to the twentieth centuries.
A masterpiece of Palladio's early maturity (1550), the building not only has decorations from that period but also holds important documents on Vicenza's art history.
The Museum of Palazzo Chiericati reopened the Palladian wing and the new wing after the restoration works.
Restoration works are still ongoing on the remaining wing of the museum, so only some of the paintings can be seen.